BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mets in First Place?


Well I'm as cynical as they come when I'm judging the Mets. However, after a 9-1 home stand, I might be ready yo believe.

The problem with the Mets as we all know has been the pitching. But with the resurgence of Mike Pelfrey along with Johan Santana gives the Mets a nice one-two punch in the rotation.

Jason Bay and David Wright are also getting into mid-season form, with Bay getting his first home-run as a Met against the Dodgers and Wright had mulitple hit games in the last two games played.

However, I still have my doubts including having Jose Reyes in the three hole. Now the Mets have been winning with him there, but to me Angel Pagan batting lead-off is a significant downgrade. The top of the lineup should have Reyes there. Maybe also consider Ike Davis as a number two hitter followed byt David Wright, Jason Bay, and Jeff Francouer.

What do you think of the Mets season so far and do you think the lineup should be changed?

0 comments: