BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spring Training starts for New York Mets and Nick Evans

Watching ESPN the other day I realized something snuck up on me. Spring training starts next week! This got me as excited as my dog gets when she needs a bath. Spring training may be a bore, but as a Mets fan it's a good excuse to help forget last season. With the injury plagued season for the Mets along with a Yankees vs. Philles World Series, there wasn't enough sleeping pills in the world to help me sleep at night. But enough about the past lets look in the future.

The Mets signed Jason Bay to replace Carlos Delgado and should previde some extra offensive power that was lacking last year. The starting pitching remains basically the same with Johan Santana and four other pitchers still looking for a breakout season. Today though my spotlight is on one player.

Nick Evans.

Evans has been with the Mets for the last two seasons with multiple stints in the majors, but has spent the majority of his career in the minors. Spring training is where he needs to prove again to the Mets that he belongs with the team. However, I don't care if hes good enough to be on the team. I just want him on the team so I can see that petrified look on his face every time he is at the plate. He always looks like he just crapped his pants and that always puts a smile on my face. I need Nick Evans on the Mets as much as Tiger Woods needs Las Vegas strippers.

Now it's time to watch and see how the Mets and Nick Evans look during their first game on March 2 versus the Atlanta Braves.

0 comments: